- Dates & Prices
- Good to Know
- Gallery & Reviews
This cosy, recently-restored cabin with sauna and own terrace is your base for days spent playing in the snow. Fully-equipped with wood burning stove, Cabin Ebba has everything you need for your winter holiday. The cabin sleeps two persons in a double/twin room with a sofa bed for additional adult or child.
Winter trails are found on your doorstep and lead the way to explore the area in any way you choose, with cross country skis, skates and snowshoes available to hire as optional extras. If you are a beginner, a cross country skiing lesson is available before you head out on the trail to practise your new-found skills.
Prepared tracks over the frozen lake offer the opportunity to try the unique freedom of skating on natural ice, or you may wish to have a go at ice fishing! The cabin lies approx. 800m from the lake.
The cabin sleeps two adults in one bedroom with additional sofa bed sleeping up to one adult or two children (side by side).
The Romantic Winter Cabin with Sauna in Päijänne Tavastia is ideal for thoselooking for an active winter getaway with cosy accommodation.
For stays between late April and late October, the cabin also has an outdoor hot-tub, though please note this cannot be used during the winter season when temperatures are below zero.
Check-in is from 16.00 on arrival day.
Please check-out latest 11.00 on departure day
- Not Included
The cabin is available for booking year round.
Season for winter activities typically mid-December to March, summer activities season May to September.
Rental periods are 8 days Saturday-Saturday.
Check-in is from 16.00 on arrival day, please check-out latest 11.00 on departure day.
The cabin is available for booking year round. Season for winter activities typically mid-December to March, summer activities season May to September.
For stays spanning two price periods, the higher period price applies.
NB: Please note that bedding and towels must be added for all prices below.
|Standard Prices (per cabin/week)|
|16.12.2017-14.01.2018||GBP 909||EUR 963|
|14.01-17.02.2018||GBP 815||EUR 863|
|17.02-03.03.2018||GBP 831||EUR 880|
|03.03-16.06.2018||GBP 815||EUR 863|
|16.06-08.09.2018||GBP 831||EUR 880|
|08.09-22.12.2018||GBP 815||EUR 863|
|22.12.2018-12.01.2019||GBP 909||EUR 963|
|Bedding and towels/person/stay||GBP 19||EUR 20|
|Optional Extras (see description below)|
|Transfer if arriving by public transport||See below|
|Cross country ski equipment/person/day||GBP 25||EUR 25|
|Cross country ski equipment/person/week||GBP 79||EUR 80|
|Cross country ski lesson (90 mins, first person if 1-3 persons)||GBP 68||EUR 69|
|Cross country ski lesson (90 mins, 2nd or 3rd person)||GBP 31||EUR 31|
|Cross country ski lesson (90 mins, per person if 4-6 persons)||GBP 35||EUR 35|
|Ice skates/person/day||GBP 5||EUR 5|
|Ice skates/person/week||GBP 25||EUR 25|
|Kicksled/day||GBP 10||EUR 10|
|Kicksled/week||GBP 50||EUR 50|
|Snowshoes/person/day||GBP 10||EUR 10|
|Snowshoes/person/week||GBP 50||EUR 50|
|Ice fishing equipment/set/day||GBP 10||EUR 10|
|Ice fishing equipment/set/week||GBP 25||EUR 25|
|Professional photographer||Arrange locally|
- Transfers: For guests travelling by public transport, taxi transfers are required (payable locally), either from Sysmä, price around €10/group (max. 4 persons) or transfer is also possible from Hartola at a cost of around €50/group (max. 4 persons).
- Cross country ski equipment: Skis, boots and poles - classic or skating skis available. Please provide height, weight and shoe size when booking.
- Professional photographer: It is possible to arrange for a professional photo session with a local photographer during your stay to create high-quality images to commemorate your trip and focusing on a theme of your choosing. This is arranged and booked locally.
- Sleeps 2 persons in twin/double bedroom + sofa bed for additional adult or child(ren). The cabin is most suitable for up to 2 adults + 1 child, but up to 2 children can be accommodated sleeping side by side on sofa bed (note space will be limited in this case). Cot is available on request.
- Fully-equipped kitchen for self-catering, including basic cookware, tableware, coffee machine, electric kettle, microwave, electric oven, combined fridge/freezer and dishwasher.
- Wood-burning stove and electric radiators.
- Firewood included.
- Wood heated sauna.
- Free wi-fi.
- End cleaning of the cabin is included on departure.
- NB: There is a terrace with seating area and grill which also has a hot tub, however the hot tub cannot be used during wintertime.
- Cross country ski trails from 6 to 11 km are available from your doorstep.
- Travel: We do not arrange flights or domestic travel, but are happy to advise on suitable connections and assist you with any aspect of planning your journey. See under "Good to Know > Getting There" for general travel information.
- Food: The cabins are fully-equipped for self-catering. The nearest shop is 7km away, 10 mins by car. NB: Please note if you choose not to have a car during your stay that you may wish to purchase all provisions for your stay before leaving Sysmä. There are no facilities where the cabins are located. It is 4km from the cabins to the nearest stores, so if you wish to replenish supplies during your stay, it is possible to walk to the stores. Alternatively, you may wish to walk in one directly and return by taxi with your shopping.
- Getting There
- Eco Info
Suitable for adults and children of all ages. You should be in general good health and enjoy the outdoors.
What makes this "Easy"?
As a self-catering cabin experience, there is great flexibility to make your stay as relaxing or active as you wish, but any activities are optional. Level of challenge of activities will vary.
NB: Perception of difficulty is very subjective. What is hard to one person may be easy for another and vice versa, depending on factors including level of fitness, age and previous experience. Weather conditions/temperatures can also dramatically affect the actual level of challenge encountered.
For information on any equipment and/or clothing included as standard for this experience, please see under "Dates and Prices > Included".
A detailed recommended packing list for personal items to bring will be sent with your booking documentation.
NB: We advise you not to buy equipment or clothes for your trip or to incur other non-refundable expenses such as flights until you have received confirmation of your booking from us in writing. Note of course that the most appropriate clothing to use as well as the level of challenge experienced during any outdoor activity may vary significantly depending on factors such as the time of year and the particular weather/temperature conditions during your trip.
Preparing for your trip:
For further reading, we also have a number of general information articles to get you ready for your trip, covering a wide variety of topics from what to do on a city break before/after your tour, advice on packing, eyewear for winter and considerations for female travellers.
Detailed information on travel options to this experience will be provided in response to your enquiry. We are happy to advise on suitable connections and assist you with any aspect of planning your journey.
Please ensure that you make a booking with us first and wait for confirmation that your spaces are reserved before making any travel arrangements.
Fly to Helsinki for train (1 hour) or bus (1 hour 15 mins) from Helsinki airport to Lahti + bus to Sysmä (1 hour 15 mins), from where transfer is available as an optional extra.
Train from UK to Stockholm (Sweden) for ferry to Helsinki and onward travel to Sysmä.
The cottage can accommodate 2-3 persons in twin/double room + sofa bed for additional adult or child.
Located on an organic farm. Your local hosts use organic products on their fields and production is checked every year to meet the standards for organic farming.
This provider has a written environmental policy.