How do I book?
- 1. Read Trip Information
- Many of the experiences offered by Nature Travels are active in nature and usually involve some travel to remote destinations. It is essential that you understand what the experience entails and are confident that you will be able to take part fully in all activities included in the trip. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions to help you decide which option will suit you best.
- 2. Check Availability
- Please contact us to enquire for your chosen experience(s) and dates.
- 3. Make a Booking
- - Email or call us and tell us that you would like to make a booking. Please state which experience(s) you are booking, dates and number of persons.
- - If there is still availability, we will email you with instructions on how to complete your booking form and make your payment.
- - You then have 4 days to send us your booking form and payment. Payment on booking is a deposit of 10% of total cost (minimum deposit required £100), or full payment if you are booking less than 60 days before departure.
- - Your booking is now made. We will send you your booking confirmation.
How can I pay?
Please mention your preferred payment option when you complete your booking form and we will send you the necessary details to make your payment.
From the UK:
If you are booking from the UK, there are two ways to pay:
- Bank transfer.
From outside the UK:
If you are booking from outside the UK, there are two ways to pay:
- Bank transfer (in British Pounds, Euros or Swedish Kronor - please mention your preferred currency when you complete your booking form).
- Card (in British Pounds or Euros).
Can I also pay in Euros, Swedish Kronor or Norwegian Krone?
Yes. Prices on our website are in British Pounds, but you are also welcome to make payment in Euros (by bank transfer or card) for any of our experiences. For experiences in Sweden you are welcome to pay (by bank transfer) in Swedish Kronor and for experiences in Norway in Norwegian Krone (also by bank transfer). If you would like to do this, please let us know and we will be happy to provide prices in your chosen currency.
What about other currencies?
No, I'm afraid we cannot accept payment in other currencies except the four mentioned above. However, we have guests booking with us from all over the world, from countries with many different currencies. When making your payment, the amount to be paid will be specified in your chosen currency (GBP, Euros, SEK or NOK) and the corresponding amount in your local currency will depend on the exchange rate offered by your card provider or bank at the time of payment.
Do I need travel insurance?
Yes. It is a condition of joining one of our experiences that you are fully insured against medical and personal accident risks. We also recommend that you carry cancellation insurance. If you have cover through your bank account or card provider, you may not be able to provide policy no/expiry date information. In this case, please simply give name of your bank/card. Our insurance partner TAG Insurance Services offers comprehensive single trip or multi-trip travel insurance policies tailored to the activities we offer (available to UK residents only). You are of course welcome to make arrangements with any suitable insurer. Insurance regulations prohibit us from advising on the suitability of a particular policy - it is the responsibility of the person(s) travelling to ensure that cover is suitable.
What other documents do I need?
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a valid passport and visa as well as suitable insurance and other travel documentation for your trip. UK citizens do not require a visa* to visit Sweden, Norway or Finland, but please ensure your circumstances do not require special arrangements. For general travel advice for your destination, visit www.gov.uk. For visa enquiries, please contact the nearest embassy for the country you are visiting. For specific advice regarding vaccinations or other health concerns, please contact your GP. UK residents can apply for a free European Health Insurance Card* (EHIC) at www.ehic.org.uk entitling holders to access to state-provided healthcare in Sweden, Norway or Finland (Norway is not a member of the EU, but is a member of the EEA). Please note that this is not a substitute for provision of adequate travel insurance cover.
*NB: Following Britain's exit from the EU, there may be changes regarding entry requirements for UK citizens, particularly with respect to required passport validity period and possible visa requiremnets. The availability or administration of reciprocal healthcare arrangements such as EHIC may also change. Please obtain latest information before travelling and make appropriate preparations well in advance.
Can I book my flights and other travel with Nature Travels?
No. Nature Travels does not arrange flights or domestic travel, but we are happy to advise on suitable connections and assist you with any aspect of planning your journey, including taking forward suggested travel plans for your chosen dates. We also provide information files giving detailed guidance on how to book train and bus connections. Please ensure of course that you make a booking with us and wait for confirmation that your spaces are reserved before making any travel arrangements.
The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT)
The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT) provides financial protection under the The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 for Nature Travels Limited, and in the event of their insolvency, protection is provided for the following:
- non-flight packages and
- flight inclusive packages that commence outside of the EU, which are sold to customers outside of the EU.
ABTOT cover provides for a refund in the event you have not yet travelled or repatriation if you are abroad. Please note that bookings made outside the EU are only protected by ABTOT when purchased directly with Nature Travels Ltd.
In the unlikely event that you require assistance whilst abroad due to our financial failure, please call our 24/7 helpline on +44(0)1702 811397 and advise you are a customer of an ABTOT protected travel company.
You can access the The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 here.