What personal information does Nature Travels collect and what do we do with this information?
To allow us to process your booking, we will ask you to provide some personal information. By providing this information to us, you give consent for us to use the information as set out below.
We may ask you to provide some or all of the following personal information:
- Contact details (name, address, telephone number, email address) for the booking contact person.
- Emergency contact person while you are away (name, telephone number).
- Name, date of birth, gender and nationality for all participants (age is required for example to be able to calculate correct pricing and also to be aware of any considerations regarding suitability for a particular activity; gender and nationality may be required to correctly allocate resources such as shared tents or suitable group mix depending on the experience booked).
- Details of any special dietary or health requirements for all participants (to enable appropriate meals to be provided or so that your local hosts are aware of any important medical conditions, etc, and can make appropriate preparations/amendments for the safe and enjoyable delivery of your experience).
- Size information such as height/weight/shoe size (so that appropriate equipment can be arranged where applicable).
Our lawful basis for collecting this information is:
- Your consent.
- The information is required to enable us to provide responses to your enquiries and questions (such as recommendations for an appropriate tour) and, in the event of a booking, for the proper performance and administration of the experience booked.
This information is held securely for in-house purposes only, with the exception of sharing relevant information with the local provider of your experience in the destination country. Any of the information you provide to us may be shared if appropriate with the local provider, but personal data typically shared will be:
- Name, date of birth, gender, nationality and health/dietary requirements for all persons on your booking.
- Contact telephone number for the booking contact person(s) (for example in case it is necessary to contact you on your travel day regarding transfers, etc)
Your contact details will not be shared with third parties for marketing purposes, etc. You will receive our quarterly newsletter via email only if you have requested to be added to our newsletter list and can unsubscribe at any time.
If you notice that any of your personal details are incorrect, please contact us and we will amend your details in our records.
If you feel that there is a problem in the way we are dealing with your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
What payment information does Nature Travels collect?
If you choose to make your payment via card/PayPal account over the phone, we will ask you to call us to make your payment. Your payment will be processed online via PayPal and card details entered into the PayPal website during the conversation. No record is kept by us of your card details.
If you choose to make your payment via card/PayPal using an email payment request link, Nature Travels receives no information on your card details.
If you make your payment by bank transfer, Nature Travels receives no details of your account. If we need to make a payment to you for any reason (such as a refund for accidental overpayment), we may request your bank account details or email address associated with a PayPal account to enable us to make payment to you.
Communication of information
All correspondence regarding your booking will normally be by email and/or phone. Booking documentation for your experience will be sent by email to the booking contact person. No documentation is sent by post (except where requested as a special arrangement).