> Booking Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE BOOKING
All activities, safaris, tours and extensions will hereafter be referred
to as tours. All our sub-contractors, agents or suppliers or their servants
and/or agents will hereafter be referred to as suppliers. All bookings
are made with Nature Travels Limited (registered number 5636754), which
is a special-interest travel venture (hereafter called the company or
All the information provided on the website is, to the best of our knowledge
or belief, correct at the time of publication. We will advise you of any
changes that are fundamental to the contract or which we believe will
affect the enjoyment of the holiday.
- 1. BOOKING
- You must complete and sign a booking form and send this to us with
a deposit of 10% or £100*, whichever is greater, towards the basic cost
of the holiday. Once the booking has been confirmed, the deposit will
not be refunded under any circumstances, unless we have to cancel the
holiday due to low numbers of clients or other unforeseen circumstances.
- *If the price of your experience is less that £100, full payment is
required when booking.
- In the case of booking made less than 60 days before the holiday begins
we require payment in full. You must be at least 18 years old to make
a booking. A contract is made when we accept your booking and send you
a written confirmation and invoice. If we cannot accept the booking,
any money will be promptly refunded. We reserve the right to decline
- 2. PAYMENT
- We hold your deposit towards the full cost of the holiday. The balance
must be received by us no later than 60 days prior to the start of the
holiday. Late bookings can sometimes be accepted within this time and
your invoice will state when the balance is payable. Should the balance
fail to reach us by the date specified on your invoice, we reserve the
right to cancel your booking without refund.
- All payments must be made in pound sterling and all cheques must be
drawn on a UK clearing bank. All other kinds of payment will incur additional
- 3. SURCHARGES
- Prices published on this website are based on exchange rate and costs
as at 10th October 2015. These prices may, however, be subject to surcharges
as a result of increased cost caused by government action, charges in
currency and exchange rates.
- We reserve the right to notify you of any increase in the website
or advertised price before accepting your booking, once you have booked,
but not less than 60 days before the beginning of the tour. If surcharges
become necessary before that, we will absorb an amount up to the first
2% of any surcharges that apply.
- 4. ALTERATIONS BY YOU
- If you wish to make any alterations to your holiday we will make every
effort to accommodate these, but cannot guarantee this is possible.
If alterations you request are possible, these will of course be subject
to any amendment or other charges imposed by any relevant supplier,
and a sum of £50 to cover our administrative costs. Requests for amendments
must be made in writing by the person whose signature appears on the
booking form. In all cases, insurance premiums are not transferable.
- 5. CANCELLATION BY YOU
- Any cancellation by you must be made in writing (letter or email). The date on the letter/email received by us will determine the cancellation charges applicable. The
cancellation charges are expressed as a percentage of the total tour
price. These charges are as follows:
- More than 60 days before commencement of the tour: loss of deposit
(10% of the total cost or £100, whichever is the greater).
- Between 60 and 36 days before commencement of the tour: 50% of
- Less than 36 days before commencement of the tour: 100% of total
- Partial Cancellation: A partial
cancellation of certain services or in regards to individuals is possible.
In these cases, cancellation charges are due on the cancelled part of
the total tour price (minimum charge £10). Cancellation charges are
determined on the basis of the cancelled portion of the booking and
time of cancellation as specified above.
- Insurance premiums are not refundable. If your cancellation falls
within the provision of your travel insurance policy you may be able
to make a claim.
- See here for information on our policy regarding
cancellation or delays due to volcanic
- 6. OWN ARRANGEMENT
- We cannot be held liable or responsible for any elements of your holiday
which are considered "own arrangement" and that are not included in
our package. We recommend that sufficient insurance is therefore obtained.
- All information and advice given by us on travel arrangements, tourist
attractions etc. is given in good faith.
- 7. ALTERATIONS BY US
- It is unlikely we will have to make changes to your holiday, but we
do plan the arrangements many months in advance. Occasionally changes
may be made, which we reserve the right to do at any time. Most of these
changes are minor and we will advise you at the earliest possible date,
but we are not obliged to do so or to pay you compensation. A minor
change is any change apart from a major change as defined below.
- 8. CANCELLATION BY US
- When a change is a major change, we will advise you as soon as possible.
You will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative
holiday (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference),
or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a full refund of all
monies paid. Major changes are cancellation due to underbooking or force
- Underbooking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings
required to run tours is not met, and if we have to cancel a tour for
this reason, we will do so not less than 30 days prior to the tour beginning.
- Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our
control, the consequence of which neither we nor our suppliers could
avoid, even with the exercise of all due care, examples of which are
war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial
dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions,
level of water in rivers or similar events beyond our control.
- In the unlikely event that we become unable to provide a significant
proportion of the services you have booked, we will make alternative
arrangement for you at no extra charge.
- 9. HEALTH, PASSPORTS, (VISA) AND DOCUMENTS
- All passengers must be fit to travel at the time of booking and expect
to still be so at the time of travel. Health advice is available at
- Many, but not all, of our holidays may not be suitable for people
with certain disabilities and medical conditions. Please ask us if in
any doubt. In any case, if any client suffers from any disability or
medical condition which may affect the running of the holiday, they
must provide us with full details before the balance is due. We reserve
the right to cancel a booking and impose the appropriate cancellation
charges if such details are not provided. We further reserve the right
to decline any booking whenever we feel unable to accommodate the particular
needs of a particular client on that trip.
- It is the responsibility of each passenger to ensure that they have
a valid passport and any applicable visas and vaccinations at the time
of travel. Advice for UK passport holders can be found at www.fco.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo.
- You must be in possession of valid medical certificates required for
the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining
- All information and advice given by us on visas, vaccinations, climate,
clothing baggage, special equipment etc. is given in good faith.
- 10. HOLIDAY PARTICIPATION
- It is a condition of participating in one of our holidays that you
agree to accept the authority of any decisions of our employees, local
guides and tour leaders whilst on holiday with us. If in the opinion
of such person your health or conduct at any time, before or after departure,
appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of
a holiday, you may be excluded from all or part of the tour, and any
additional costs incurred by you as a result of such exclusion will
be your responsibility. Any person excluded from a tour shall have no
cause for complaint or refund. In the case of ill health we may make
such arrangement as we see fit and recover any resulting cost from you.
- You acknowledge that the nature of travel is adventurous and that
as such tours may involve a significant amount of personal risk. These
include, injury, disease, loss or damage to property, inconvenience
- You must at all times strictly comply with the laws, customs, foreign
exchange and drug regulations of the country visited. Should you fail
to do so then you may be ordered to leave the tour without recourse
to any refund and without any legal claims against the company.
- 11. TOURS, GUIDES AND WILDLIFE
- Nature Travels is not an ordinary travel operator. The types of travel
we offer requires flexibility and must allow for alternatives. The outline
itinerary as given for each tour must therefore be taken as an indication
of what each trip may accomplish, not as a contractual obligation on
the part of the company. The final decision on the itinerary and conduct
of any tour will be taken by the local guide in the interest of the
group and/or clients as a whole. It is understood that the route schedules,
itineraries, amenities and mode of transport may be subject to alteration
without prior notice due to local circumstances or events.
- It is not possible for us to guarantee sightings of wildlife.
- We strongly condemn the collecting of any specimen from the natural
world. Our holidays provide the opportunity to photograph wildlife only;
not to disturb it! All our local guides have the right to dismiss any
member of a group who insists on collecting plant, insect or other living
- 12. OUR RESPONSIBILITY
- We accept liability for the proper performance of the holiday sold
to you. We have taken reasonable care to ensure that our suppliers are
reputable, safe and efficient businesses. We will monitor and control
the performance of our suppliers and judge their performance against
the standards and customs in Sweden. If our suppliers are able to exclude
or limit liability by virtue of any international convention we claim
the benefit of that exclusion or limitation.
- We cannot accept liability in the following circumstances:
- if the failure or improper performance is your fault or the fault
of any member of your party.
- if the failure is the fault of someone else connected with the
provision of events, travel or itinerary which you or third parties
unconnected with us have arranged.
- liability arising out of use of our services for special projects
or research whether in connection with study, employment or otherwise.
- liability for any loss or damage that has special financial consequences.
- any unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our reasonable
- Please note that in any event that any compensation is payable by
us to you such compensation will not exceed twice the cost of your holiday.
- Nothing in this agreement shall exclude or limit in any way our liability
for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or
the negligence of our employees, agents, contractors or suppliers.
- It is a condition of our acceptance of liability as described in section
12 above that you follow the procedures for the notification of complaints
set out in section 16 below.
- 13. CONSUMER PROTECTION
- We carry full liability insurance and consumer protection provided
through The Travel and General Group.
- The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT)
provides financial protection under the Package Travel, Package Holidays
and Package Tours Regulations 1992 for Nature Travels Limited, and in
the event of their insolvency, protection is provided for the following:
- non-flight packages commencing in and returning to the UK;
- non-flight packages commencing and returning to a country other
than the UK; and
- flight inclusive packages that commence outside of the UK, which
are sold to customers outside of the UK.
- 1, 2 and 3 provides for a refund in the event you have not yet travelled.
1 and 3 provides for repatriation. Please note that bookings made outside
the UK are only protected by ABTOT when purchased directly with Nature
- 14. INSURANCE
- Good travel insurance is essential before departing on any overseas
trip. In common with most other operators now, it is a condition of
booking with us that you obtain adequate travel insurance and you are
required to provide details of your insurance on the booking form. The
cost of medical and other treatment overseas can be high and we will
not be able to assist in meeting those costs. When obtaining travel
insurance from a source other than Nature Travels Ltd, you must ensure
that the insurer is aware of the type of travel to be undertaken.
- 15. DATA PROTECTION
- We store and use the personal data supplied by you as part of your
booking form for the purposes of fulfilling the contract between us.
By completing the booking form you agree that the company pass your
contact details and numbers to any third party connected with the operation
of the specific holiday on which you have booked. This information will
not be used for any other purpose, nor will be passed to any other parties.
- We will also use the information to keep you informed of our services
and any special offers or deals which we think will be of interest to
you. Please inform us at the time of booking if you do not wish us to
use your information in such ways.
- 16. DEALING WITH COMPLAINTS
- If you have any problem during your holiday, please inform your local
guide immediately who will endeavour to put things right quickly. If
your complaint cannot be resolved locally, please follow this up within
31 days of your return home in writing to our tours manager at Nature
Travels Ltd, Unit 2 Leanne Business Centre, Sandford Lane, Wareham,
Dorset BH20 4DY, United Kingdom giving your original booking reference
and all relevant information. It is unlikely that you will have a complaint
that cannot be settled amicably.
- If, despite our best efforts and having followed the above procedure
for reporting and resolving your complaint, you feel that it has not
been satisfactorily settled, we recommend that it is referred for arbitration
under the ABTOT Travel Industry Arbitration Service. An Independent
Arbitrator will review the documents relating to any complaint and deliver
a binding decision to bring the matter to a close.
- Details of this scheme are available from The Travel Industry Arbitration
Service, administered by Dispute Settlement Services Ltd, 9 Savill Road,
Lindfield, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 2NY
- or from
- ABTOT, 117 Houndsditch, London EC3A 7BT.
- This scheme cannot however decide in cases where the sums claimed
exceed £1,500 per person or £7,500 per booking form, or for claims which
are solely or mainly in respect of physical injury or illness or the
- 17. DISPUTE
- We will do our best to deal with the matter to your satisfaction,
but in the unlikely event that you are still not satisfied, you may
refer the matter to arbitration to bring it to a speedy and acceptable
- 18. PHOTOGRAPHS, VIDEO & OTHER VISUAL MATERIAL
- We are always delighted to receive photos and videos from our guests from their experiences. By sending us your photos/videos or sharing these with us (for example using a file sharing service such as Dropbox or link to online photo album or video site such as Flickr or Youtube), you give Nature Travels the right and permission to use the images/videos ourselves in digital, print or other media, including but not limited to our website and social media and when providing visual material to press wishing to feature our experiences. Images/videos may be edited, cropped or otherwise altered. When used by ourselves, we will always endeavour to credit the image or video with your name (unless you have requested otherwise). When providing images/videos to third parties such as press, we will include information on how these should be credited and request that this information is used when the images/videos are published.
- 19. CHANGES TO THE BOOKING CONDITIONS
- No variation of these conditions may be made unless this is done in
writing by a director of the company.