- Dates & Prices
- Good to Know
- Gallery & Comments
Romantic Cabin with Hot Tub in Päijänne Tavastia is a cosy one-bedroom cabin surrounded by fields and conveniently located just a couple hours from Helsinki. This freshly-renovated accommodation has the benefit of an outdoor wood-fired hot tub as well as wood-burning stove and sauna and is fully-equipped for self-catering.
The cabin sleeps two adults in one bedroom with additional sofa bed sleeping up to one adult or two children (side by side).
Spend your days discovering the walking trails which start directly from your doorstep. The cabin lies about 800m from the lake along a gravel path and a rowing boat and fishing permit are included as standard - ideal whether you would like to drift lazily over the water on a romantic excursion in the evening sun, or for trying your hand at catching some fish!
Mountain bikes and canoes are also available to hire as optional extras for those who like to explore further by pedal or paddle power!
The cabin is located on an organic farm and the local area is fantastic for picking berries and mushrooms and your local hosts keep sheep in the fields nearby. You're welcome to join them on the daily tasks of feeding and caring for the sheep under the supervision and assistance of their sheepdog, Vilja.
Unwind after an active day outdoors in the hot tub on your own terrace!
The Romantic Cabin is an ideal getaway for couples or friends with the freedom to be energetic or take it easy during your stay in southern Finland.
Check-in is from 16.00 on arrival day.
Please check-out latest 11.00 on departure day.
- Not Included
The cabins are available for booking year round.
Summer activities season May to September, winter activities mid-December to March.
Rental periods are 8 days Saturday-Saturday.
Check-in is from 16.00 on arrival day, please check-out latest 11.00 on departure day.
For stays spanning two price periods, the higher period price applies.
NB: Please note that bedding and towels must be added for all prices below.
|Standard Prices (per cabin/week)|
|16.12.2017-14.01.2018||GBP 909||EUR 963|
|14.01-17.02.2018||GBP 815||EUR 863|
|17.02-03.03.2018||GBP 831||EUR 880|
|03.03-16.06.2018||GBP 815||EUR 863|
|16.06-08.09.2018||GBP 831||EUR 880|
|08.09-22.12.2018||GBP 815||EUR 863|
|22.12.2018-12.01.2019||GBP 909||EUR 963|
|Bedding and towels/person/stay||GBP 19||EUR 20|
|Optional Extras (see description below)|
|Transfer if arriving by public transport||Pay locally - see below|
|Outboard motor/day||GBP 15||EUR 15|
|Outboard motor/week||GBP 85||EUR 90|
|Canoe/day (2-3 persons)||GBP 19||EUR 20|
|Canoe/week (2-3 persons)||GBP 76||EUR 80|
|Fishing rod - week||GBP 10||EUR 10|
|Spinning rod - week||GBP 29||EUR 30|
|Bicycle/day||GBP 15||EUR 15|
|Bicycle/week||GBP 71||EUR 75|
|Mountain bike or fat bike/day||GBP 24||EUR 25|
|Mountain bike or fat bike/week||GBP 85||EUR 90|
|Guided hike and berry picking/person||GBP 43||EUR 45|
|Lakeside sauna/session||GBP 76||EUR 80|
|Professional photographer||Arrange locally|
- Transfers: For guests travelling by public transport, taxi transfers are required (payable locally), either from Sysmä, price around €10/group (max. 4 persons) or transfer is also possible from Hartola at a cost of around €50/group (max. 4 persons).
- Outboard motor: For use with the rowing boat provided.
- Bicycle, mountain bike or fat bike: Hire includes helmet.
- Guided hike and berry picking: 2 hours, 2-5 persons. A guided hike takes you to all the best places in the local area for picking berries (typical season mid-August to end September).
- Lakeside sauna: Sauna will be heated for you. Please note that the lakeside sauna is not available in wintertime.
- Professional photographer: It is possible to arrange for a professional photo session with a local photographer during your stay to create high-quality images to commemorate your trip and focusing on a theme of your choosing. This is arranged and booked locally.
- Sleeps 2 persons in twin/double bedroom + sofa bed for additional adult or child(ren). The cabin is most suitable for up to 2 adults + 1 child, but up to 2 children can be accommodated sleeping side by side on sofa bed (note space will be limited in this case). Cot is available on request.
- Wood-fired hot tub on terrace with seating area and grill.
- Fully-equipped kitchen for self-catering, including basic cookware, tableware, coffee machine, electric kettle, microwave, electric oven, combined fridge/freezer and dishwasher.
- Wood-burning stove and electric radiators.
- Firewood included.
- Wood-heated sauna.
- End cleaning of the cabin is included on departure.
- Rowing boat and one permit for trawling.
- Hiking trails from 6 to 11 km, fishing and foraging for berries and mushrooms are available from your doorstep.
- Travel: We do not arrange flights or domestic travel, but are happy to advise on suitable connections and assist you with any aspect of planning your journey. See under "Good to Know > Getting There" for general travel information.
- Food. The cabins are fully-equipped for self-catering. The nearest shop is 4km away, 5 mins by car. NB: Please note if you choose not to have a car during your stay that you may wish to purchase all provisions for your stay before leaving Sysmä. There are no facilities where the cabins are located. It is 4km from the cabins to the nearest stores, so if you wish to replenish supplies during your stay, it is possible to walk to the stores. Alternatively, you may wish to walk in one directly and return by taxi with your shopping.
- Fishing equipment (available to hire on site).
- Getting There
- Combine This With
- Eco Info
Suitable for adults and children of all ages. You should be in general good health and enjoy the outdoors.
What makes this "Easy"?
As a self-catering cabin experience, there is great flexibility to make your stay as relaxing or active as you wish, but any activities are optional. Level of challenge of activities will vary.
NB: Perception of difficulty is very subjective. What is hard to one person may be easy for another and vice versa, depending on factors including level of fitness, age and previous experience. Weather conditions/temperatures can also dramatically affect the actual level of challenge encountered.
For information on any equipment and/or clothing included as standard for this experience, please see under "Dates and Prices > Included".
A detailed recommended packing list for personal items to bring will be sent with your booking documentation.
NB: We advise you not to buy equipment or clothes for your trip or to incur other non-refundable expenses such as flights until you have received confirmation of your booking from us in writing. Note of course that the most appropriate clothing to use as well as the level of challenge experienced during any outdoor activity may vary significantly depending on factors such as the time of year and the particular weather/temperature conditions during your trip.
Detailed information on travel options to this experience will be provided in response to your enquiry. We are happy to advise on suitable connections and assist you with any aspect of planning your journey.
Please ensure that you make a booking with us first and wait for confirmation that your spaces are reserved before making any travel arrangements.
Fly to Helsinki then onward to Sysmä by train (approx. 1 hour) + bus (approx. 1-1.5 hours) or bus (approx. 3 hours)
Train from UK to Stockholm (Sweden) for ferry to Helsinki and onward train to Sysmä.
Combine This With
This experience makes a good combination with the following:
- Canoe or Kayak in Linnansaari National Park (6 or more days, 3.5 hours by car)
- Discover Packrafting in Helvetinjärvi National Park (4 days, 2.5 hours by car)
The cottage can accommodate 2-3 persons in twin/double room + sofa bed for additional adult or child.
Located on an organic farm. Your local hosts use organic products on their fields and production is checked every year to meet the standards for organic farming.
This provider has a written environmental policy.